Monday, April 21, 2008

Healthy Family Favorites

A year ago I decided to start writing recipes for my two children, Lisa and Dan. They would often call me up and ask for the recipe for one of their favorite foods, Spaghetti sauce, Joe's special or maybe a salad they favored. One by one I started experimenting with ingredients, wrote down the recipe and with the help from many, I created a book. My book is finished and I'm taking it to print this week. The title is Healthy Family Favorites and I'm really excited to hold it in my hands.
When my children were small I wanted to write a cookbook but, I was too busy. When they were older I wanted to write a cookbook but, I was too busy. Now that they are grown I could continue to be busy, or follow my dreams.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't wait to help you share your cookbook with the world! I am BEYOND proud of you for following your dreams. You are a wonderful example of how I want to be. I love you mom.

Jodie Howerton said...

Can I place an order? I'd love to buy one!

Through change comes strength said...

That is such a great idea! My mom did the same thing for me in a recipe book but she could've never written anything resembling "Healthy Family Favorites!" Congrats!